The Cortez Yacht Club was founded in 1998 and incorporated September 18, 2003.
As stated in Article II of the Cortez Yacht Club bylaws:
The purpose and objectives for which the Club is organized and operated are:
1. To encourage yachting and to provide a meeting place for the members.
2. To foster the mutual exchange of ideas and the development of common interests with respect to yachts and yachting, and for the promotion of social activities among the Club members.
3. To gather and disseminate such information as the members may desire.
4. To aid members in the conduct of their yachting activities.
5. To encourage intellectual contact among the members of the Club and the members of other associations devoted to similar pursuits.
6. To promote members participation in various yachting association activities, achieved by the Club’s membership in those associations.
7. To encourage support and participation in various yachting activities including racing and cruising.
8. To promote boat safety.
KEEPING PEOPLE CONNECTED
Socially and philanthropically the Cortez Yacht Club provides networking opportunities for like minded people to stay connected and share ideas and information of mutual interest through planned outings and local social gatherings.
Founded on the banks of the ICW in Cortez Florida, the Cortez Yacht Club fosters a sense of community through organizing annual local events to benefit Toys For Tots, Manatee Youth Sailing and bringing people together.
Through its association with national organizations and local groups, the club is able to keep its members informed about local happenings, issues concerning boaters, and opportunities for learning safety and other nautical tips.